Ported Single 12" Subwoofer Enclosure
Posted by Wes on 13th Jul 2013
I have an ssa icon 12d2 running on a 1200 saundown at 1ohm. I was running the sub in an old sealed 1.25 ft sealed box i had and the sub hit okay. When i got this box.. First impressions were great! The box arived in perfect condition and in a neat, sufficient package that kept it safe during its long journey. The box is beautifully constructed and well engineered!
Ok so now i start the process of bolting the sub into the box. I t nutted the back of the double baffle and bolted it in using allen bolts with brass washers.. Lemme tell you this when i threw it the power for the first time the sub TRANSFORMED! This box and sub combo are rediculous! This thing drops low tones that i have never heard a 12 drop before! Definately recomended! These subs require propper enclosures to perform. Once in the propper enclosure they perform like no other sub ive ever heard! Awseome SSA! Thanks
Welcome to the Khaotik Enclosures Ported Series. This is where Khaotik Enclosures got the "Khaotik" reputation. The same precision constructed style as the Sealed Series, with a Khatapult in efficiency and output. Using internal bracing and a double baffle, the Khaotik Enclosures Ported Series will create Khaos in your vehicle. These are built in the USA as with all of the Khaotik Enclosures.
Getting the best performance out of your vehicles sub woofer(s) isn't easy. We thought long and hard, what do ground pounders and audiophiles alike out there want that they currently cannot get from the big box stores? A premium level enclosure that will last a long time is the answer! This is the exact pricipa l Khaotik Enclosures was founded on. Get the best output, clarity, and brain numbing bass possible from a Khaotik Enclosure.
Our enclosures are a few steps ahead of our competition. "Better by design" is our goal. Double baffled for added stability, braced well enough to sit a tank on, and looks that would stop a train in it's tracks, thats what Khaotik Enclosures offers, stock. One look at our products, and you'll see we aren't playing around over here. Ground Pounding is what we do!
- Ported Series; This is where Khaotik Enclosures got the "Khaotik" reputation. The same precision constructed style as the Sealed Series, with a Khatapult in efficiency and output. Using internal bracing and a double baffle, the Khaotik Enclosures Ported Series will create Khaos in your vehicle. These are built in the USA as with all of the Khaotik Enclosures.
- Made with Trupan Light™ MDF (the Mercedes of MDF), which is everybit as durable as MDF and is 30% lighter then most typical MDF's. Meaning less weight in your vehicle and less stress on your engine and drive train. Lighter is better when it comes to enclosures.
- Double Baffle: Doubling the baffle does a few things, it makes the enclosure much stronger for one, which means less flex and more output. Why let your sound wave die off before it even gets a chance to leave the enclosure?! We combat this in part by the double baffle. Another great benefit from the double baffle is we made it into a flush mount, which makes for a sick custom look. Something those other guys just don't offer.
- Hand built means custom options. Choose the color of carpet and port color. Standard
- Built in the U.S.A.: Our enclosures are 100% designed, built, assembled, and tested in the U.S.A. Quality is our top priority! We are confident you will love our product as much as we do.
- 2.5ft^3 Volume
- 32hz Tuning
- Width 30 3/4"
- Height 16 1/2"
- Depth 17"