SSA IC150.4 600w 4 Channel Amplifier
Posted by Manzkea808 on 21st Feb 2018
This amp is great! From the sound output to the build quality, it just screams high end. I’m glad I went ahead and purchased this unit.
First off, this amplifier is well built. Has a great deal of weight to it and the whole body is made out of metal. The pictures does not do it any justice. In person it’s a unit that looks like the manufactured out some time into it.
The sound quality is amazing. It blew me away. I simply took out my hifonics amp and swapped it with these. Messed with the gains and crossovers and it sounded completely different. I guess this is what a real high end 4 channel is suppose to sound like. It’s packing a lot of power for something with a small output. It never gets hot and never went into protect mode after hours of bumping my sounds. This amp blew me away so much that I purchased another for my other vehicle.
Sound Quality Powerhouse
Posted by Grant on 19th Jul 2017
I am overall highly impressed at the build quality and the sound quality of this full range amplifier with being a class D.
Beautiful chassis, obviously this is an opinion, but I love the color scheme and the shape of the heatsink. This is a HEAVY heatsink, I was rather shocked at how much it weighed. Once you see it in person, you'll understand that pictures almost do it no justice.
Channels 1/2 and 3/4 are identical as far as gain setting and crossovers go, something that "most" 4 channels don't offer. (i.e. on other amps channel 1/2 will only do HPF or LPF but not bandpass, while 3/4 will do bandpass). With them being identical you can run full active no issues at all. The RCA inputs are TIGHT, if you have loose fitting RCAs then they'll still be really snug on the inputs. If you have Knu Konceptz karma RCAs you will HAVE to buy other RCAs or else you will definitely break something with how tight the inputs are. Power inputs are to spec, and so are the outputs, they are actually 8 gauge. Something I was ecstatic about was that they provided the necessary allen wrenches to for the terminals. The mounting feet aren't mounting feet, but actually the full length of the amplifier, making them more rigid.
My first impression was that holy F#$% this thing makes some power! I had a junk 100W PA speaker on the inputs while tuning it for the evil components. As I was turning the gain up while watching to see where it started to distort on the scope, well, I never got there because that PA speaker sure got smelly lol. So I just set the output voltage to 25V for the evil mids and 17V for the evil tweeters. Still plenty loud to keep up with my 15" evil sub-stage. Once everything was tuned I was blown away. So crisp and true sounding, and loud as well. There wasn't any of that off settling sound that other cheap class D full range amplifiers produce. The only negative class D trait that exists with this amplifier is the floor noise when there isn't any music playing. It is so minimal that unless you're in a completely silent environment you'd probably miss that there was any floor noise. So I can't even complain about that for the sound quality and power that comes from this thing. If you bothered to read all the way to here, you're considering it, so do yourself a favor and buy it.
Posted by Cody V. on 22nd Jun 2017
I absolutely love this amp, it replaced my crescendo s1100/2 and my CT60.4 and I couldn't be happier. Much Moreno crisp sound, very easy to tune not to meantion all the help I got from everyone at SSA. Would definitely buy again
- Full Range Class D Amplifier
- Dual MOS-FET Pulse Width Modulation Power Supply
- 2 Ohm Stable Stereo / 4 Ohm Mono Topology / 16 Volt Stable
- 24 dB/octave - Variable State Subsonic Filter
- 24 dB/octave - Variable State Low Pass Filter
- Heavy Duty Copper Layer Double Sided Epoxy PCB
- Flexible Crossover Multipliers X1 / X10
- Extremely High Tolerance Electrical Components For Reliability
- Proprietary Custom Tooled Heatsink
- High End Silver Tiffany RCA Inputs with Metal Potentiometers
- Multi-Layer Bullet Proof Protection Circuit
- Wired Remote Control with Clipping Indicator
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Rated Power ( 14.4V at 1% THD )
- RMS Power - 4 Ohm Mono : 550W x 2CH
- RMS Power - 2 Ohm Stereo : 275W x 4CH
- RMS Power - 4 Ohm Stereo : 150W x 4CH
- Low Pass Filter ( 12dB/Oct. ) : 50Hz - 5000Hz ( X1, X10 )
- High Pass Filter ( 12dB/Oct. ) : 50Hz - 5000Hz ( X1, X10 )
- Subsonic Filter ( 12dB/Oct. ) : 10Hz - 500Hz
- Frequency Response ( +/-1dB ) : 20Hz - 20,000Hz
- Channel Separation : 55dB
- Input Sensitivity ( Volt +/- 5% ) : 6.0V - 0.2V
- Signal / Noise Ratio : 105dB
- Dampening Factor ( 4 Ohm ) : 200 +
- Power Efficiency ( 4 Ohm ) : 70%
- Fuse Rating ( 14.4V ) : 80A
- Power Input Connection : 4 Gauge
- Operation Voltage : 8.5V - 16.0V
- Speaker Output Connection : 8 Gauge
- Dimensions ( Inches ) : 8.46" W x 2.59" H x 10.23" L
- Dimensions ( Millimeters ) : 215 W x 66 H x 260 L
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE