Sundown Audio Team Subwoofer 18" 5000w RMS Subwoofer
No Longer Available Through SSA
- Sundown Audio
- Sundown Team 18D1
- Estimated build time of 14+ business days
- 118.00 LBS
The TEAM is the absolutely biggest & meanest subwoofer in our lineup. The 12, 15, and 18” models feature our custom tooled and patented frames (US Patent Numbers D691597, D691598, and D741841). We only offer the Nightshade v.3 with our custom tooled 18” frame as it is too heavy for the traditional 6-spoke frame to reliably support. Our custom tooled frame series is one of the few ever made that is capable of supporting this monstrous subwoofer. This model is not available in a 10” size as the motor is too large.
We mate these new platforms to a triple stacked 280mm (11.02”) diameter motor structure featuring a hyper-extended pole and extreme clearances (allowing up to 4" p-p travel before mechanical bottom). The TEAM features an enormous 50mm (1.97”) thick top plate to ensure the coil is always well within the magnetic gap. This motor drives a 4" diameter 4-Layer Flat Wire Aluminum Coil with an extremely long winding (nearly 4” long winding on the 18s and nearly 3” long on the 12s and 15s) wound on a thick aluminum former to incredible levels of excursion. We use 100% American made voice coils & build each unit in-house here in North Carolina as ordered.
The TEAM features the longest coil of ANY speaker we have made to date. We leveraged the advantage of the huge motor of the TEAM so we could take advantage of an extremely long 4-layer coil – the 4-layer coil keeps the mass and inductance down while allowing us to use such a long coil for incredible linear x-max while the huge motor allows us to achieve the level of BL we desired. Each TEAM Sundown subwoofer is well over 100 lbs. of pure audio muscle.
So what is the purpose of the TEAM subwoofer? It was made to absolutely crush music-based classes in SPL competition by taking both linear excursion & thermal power handling well beyond anything else in our line. The enormous 4” voice coil will handle absurd amounts of thermal abuse. They can also be used in day-to-day high powered musical applications as they do have very good sound quality as well – but be warned (!!!) you will need to invite some friends over to help mount them in your enclosure!
Features & Technology:
- Xmax = 45mm one-way by 70% BL (18), 40mm one-way by 70% BL (12,15)
- RMS Power = 3000-watts (12), 4000-watts (15), and 5000-watts (18)
- * Heavily vented magnetic gap
- * Optimized high-velocity pole vent
- * Innovative high-velocity vented frame spacer ring
- Black Aluminum 3” voice coil former for superior heat dissipation
- High Temperature 4-Layer Aluminum Flat Wire Voice Coil (Made in USA)
- Large aluminum Faraday Ring (Magnet ID)
- Spring Loaded Terminals
- Stitched-On Double-XL Tinsel Leads to prevent fatigue and failure
- Mega-Roll v.2 Surround Technology
- High strength, custom tooled & patented cast aluminum frame
- Optimized for small ported & band-pass enclosures
* -- These features combine to create the optimized coil ventilation system.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I change my mind Sundown is trash. I'm Glad I went with a DC Audio level 6 sub 18 on my Legacy amps
This thing looks bad ass! I just bought level 6 18” and I kind of think maybe i should have got one of these!! But then I haven’t installed mine in the car yet! But it looks killer too!