ZED Audio Leviathan - III 6 channel amplifier
- Zed Audio
- ZED Audio Leviathan - III
- The production run just started so allow some build time before shiping.
- 15.00 LBS
LEVIATHAN is a very unique amplifier in the multi-channel arena. Almost all other multi-channel amplifiers utilize staggered power configurations meaning that the first 4 channels inevitably have a very modest output. Zed has travelled a different route, we offer all 6 channels with the same power. We are thus able to offer a platform which is infinitely more variable than others.
- Rated power is 150 watts x 6 into 4 ohm or 300w x 6 into 2 ohm.
- Bridged power is 300w x 3 into 8 ohm or 600w x 3 into 4 ohm.
- The 3 pairs of channels are independently bridgeable. Two, four or six input configuration.
- Channels 1+2 feature a 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High crossover.
- Channels 1+2 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass or Low Pass from channels 5+6.
- Channels 3+4 feature 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High and Low Pass crossovers.
- Channels 3+4 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass, Low Pass or Bandpass or Low Pass from channels 5+6. .
- Channels 5+6 feature feature 24dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High and Low Pass crossovers.
- Channels 5+6 can run in FLAT mode (Pre-amplifiers completely bypassed), High Pass, Low Pass or Bandpass.
- The High Pass crossover doubles as a subsonic filter as it is able to respond down to 10Hz.
LEVIATHAN Is well suited to running a multitude of different systems from simple 4 satellite/sub woofer type to tri and quad amped systems. Level controls accommodate input levels up to 8.6v RMS. Pre-amplifiers utilize a fully isolated power supply for zero ground loops. Pre-amplifiers drive the main amplifiers in a fully balanced mode. Class D amplifiers utilize high-speed high current low gate charge MOSFETs. Fully regulated power supply delivers power independent of battery voltage. There are a total of seventeen regulated power supplies. The power supply utilizes twelve 110 amp MOSFETs in a source follower configuration for maximum bandwidth. Low ESR 105°C capacitors are used in the power supply. Very high efficiency owing to the smart power supply. Tiffany RCA's with Teflon inserts are used for ultimate quality and reliability. Made in the USA
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Sure you may be thinking this amp is expensive. But considering what you get, its price is perfectly fair. Crossovers are extensive enough that you can run fully active, although I ran them all flat for my application. The power and efficiency is pretty insane, you could run this amp on a stock electrical, and yet have more than enough power for your mids and highs.
wayyyyy smaller form factor compared to the competition, which still has less power. The separation is exactly where it should be, and there is no coloration of the sound. Basically as a design is nearly perfect. The only issue I have had and many other have had is the ground noise this thing picks up. I have tried quite desperately to get rid of the ground noise/alternator whine, but to no avail. I have improved it greatly since first putting it in. so keep in mind, this amp is VERY picky with your grounding situation.
My Leviathan III is on its way to ZED Audio for the second time. First Stephen graciously aligned the internal clocks so that it didn't make an alien spacecraft sound even without RCAs connected to it. Then I got it back and realized that the 3rd channel does not output sound consistently when in bandpass mode. This on top of my Minotaur II cutting in/out rapidly on moderate volume and only 1/4 gain and sending an, I assume, clipped signal to my $1,000 Morel Ultimo subwoofer. The thing took almost 200 amps of power on the bench to reach clipping, which makes no sense. I get no voltage drop at all either amp and Minotaur I worked perfectly in the same vehicle with the same wiring. Stephen Mantz has been great in fixing these so far but I just cannot accept that something so expensive is so unreliable. It's sad, really.
This was running the best sounding Bravox system I've heard sq wise. I could not believe the separation and headroom. I cannot say anything remotely bad about this. I worked for one of the best Sq amp companies ever, "Linear Power" and ive heard a lot. If you have the cash don't dare wait.