ZED Audio Minotaur Mono block amplifier
- Zed Audio
- ZED Audio Minotaur Mono block amplifier
- The production run just started, so please allow for some build time before shipping.
- 15.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
MINOTAUR is the first of our new generation of Mono block/single channel amplifiers. These are capable of full range operation for those who demand high power for midrange and lower midrange drivers in multiway systems. Its primary goal is for sub woofer operation and the controls have been optimized for this duty.
- Rated power is 500 watts into 4 ohm or 1Kilowatt into 2 ohm.
- Two Minotaurs bridged deliver 1Kilowatt into 8 ohm or 2 Kilowatt into 4 ohm.
- One, two or four input configuration.
- Two line outputs, one in phase for parallel operation and one out of phase for bridged operation.
- Industry first 48 dB per octave Linkwitz Riley High Pass crossover 10Hz-100Hz
- Low Pass 24 dB per octave Linkwitz-Riley crossover 45Hz-230Hz
- Phase control variable 0 to 180 degrees.
- Five band equalizer with constant Q response set at ISO-frequencies 25 Hz, 31 Hz, 40 Hz, 50 Hz and 63 Hz.
- Preamplifier bypass for full range operation.
- Level control accommodates input levels up to 8.6v RMS.
- Pre-amplifiers utilize a fully isolated power supply for zero ground loops.
- Pre-amplifiers drive the main amplifiers in a fully balanced mode.
- Class D amplifier utilizes high-speed high current low gate charge MOSFETs.
- Fully regulated power supply delivers power independent of battery voltage.
- There are a total of seven regulated power supplies.
- The power supply utilizes eight 110 amp MOSFETs in a source follower configuration for maximum bandwidth.
- Low ESR 105°C capacitors are used in the power supply.
- Very high efficiency owing to the smart power supply.
- Tiffany RCA's with Teflon inserts are used for ultimate quality and reliability.
- Made in the USA
min·o·taur/ˈminəˌtôr/ A creature who was half man and half bull.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fine build quality and looks with a laundry list of pre-amp features. Extremely efficient and of course, great sound.
I've never regretted buying a Zed product nor dealing with Stephen. If you want something that's cutting edge technology, features, and build quality that'll last for decades he delivers every time.
Just about everything else on the market is using 10+ year old technology and 90% of that is basically the same thing with a different name brand cut into the heat sink.
My only complaint is the brightness of the ZED LED's. A bit annoying in hatchback or SUV if you don't mount them somewhere that'll block out some of the light when you're driving at night.
This Minotaur is one feast for the eyes in itself. Having a plexi cover makes those internals kinda jump out at you which, in this day and age, just adds to the significance of the history behind Zed as not only a brand, but as a design altogether. The connections are all well-thought out and robust, the equalizer on the preamp section allows for dang near infinite control of the sound signature, and overall build quality is top notch as evidenced by the heft of its heatsink and solder quality on the board.
Tonally, this amp is very dynamic and clear. I get no sense of the Minotaur coloring the sound. Whether it's providing power at 8, 4 or 2 ohms, this amp has outperformed by Class A/B Boston Acoustics GT hand over fist.
If your goal is a small, efficient, great-sounding and easy-to-work-with Class D, your search should end here with the Minotaur. Buy without hesitation.
I have 2 of these at 4 ohms and destroy all of those overrated china garbage " 1 ohm stable" amps. These put out real power.