SSA Evil6.5" Mid-bass Speaker
- Sound Solutions Audio
- Ships within 1 business day.
- 6.50 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
SSA Evil6.5 Mid-bass woofer descriptionNearly 2 years in the making, the first mid-bass speaker from SSA is here. Being this is an SSA speaker, elite performance at an affordable price was the ONLY option. Through numerous designs and prototypes, we developed a mid-bass speaker that is deserving of the SSA brand name. As seen by the long list of premium features, (copper coil, carbon fiber cone, shorting ring, Nomex spiders, Aluminum basket and former, solid pole piece, underhung motor) it shows we went the distance to make the SSA Evil6.5 a fantastic sound quality speaker that can take some power and will have strong output when called upon. The SSA Evil6.5 is at home in a well damped car door, or even a home audio tower / bookshelf. When you want top tier mid-bass performance and don't want to spend hundreds, the SSA Evil6.5 is the obvious choice.
SSA Evil6.5 Mid-bass woofer features:
- Sold Individually
- 125 watts rms
- Carbon Fiber cone for rigidity, low moving mass and smooth transient response
- Copper voice coil for warmth and power handling
- FEA optimized Underhung motor design for excellent sound quality
- Shorting ring to drastically reduce inductance
- Extended solid pole piece for increased motor strength
- Nomex spiders for long lasting performance and cone control
- Y30 High Energy Ferrite Magnet
- Large push terminals for ease of connection and larger speaker wire
- High excursion rubber surround
- Aluminum cast basket with multiple mounting holes for no frame resonance and great mounting flexibility
- Aluminum former for heat dissipation
- Phase plug
- SSA magnet boot to protect the motor
- Designed and engineered in the USA to be quite versatile for many applications, great in both car audio and home audio
SSA Evil6.5 Mid-bass woofer specs:
- 4 ohm or 8 ohm single voice coil option
- Frequency response 45hz - 4500hz
- Re: 3.3 ohm / 7.2 ohm
- Fs: 65.49hz
- Sd: .01474m2
- BL: 6.494 T
- Qms: 6.6
- Qes: 0.51
- Qts: 0.474
- SPL: 89.9 db 1W/1m
- Vas: 11.495L
- Cms: 372.51
- Mms: 15.854g
- Xmax: 6mm one-way
SSA Evil6.5 Mid-bass installation:
- 3.1" total depth
- 2.85" Mounting depth
- 5.7" cut out
- 6.5 lbs. each
- sealed box: 0.3 cubic foot - f3 = 97.7Hz - Qtc: 0.707
- ported box: 0.69 cubic foot - f3 = 51.82hz - 2" diameter / 0.9" long port
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
22 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I replaced my sound Qubed 6.5 inch mid bass speakers , with these evil mid bass. The evils handle alot more power,and get lower, freq. wise. When subwoofers are not playing, these evil mid bass sound great with the high pass crossover set to 40HZ., and up. The sound Qubed 6.5s couldn't handle much power, when I had the high pass crossover set to 40HZ,and up. But when subwoofers are on, I suggest setting the high pass crossover to 63hz-80hz,and up, depending on your power, and how loud you crank your volume knob! These are a solid upgrade,i love them!
SSA js a amazing company amazing customer service and their products are beyond great they are definitely the best quality 6.5's that I've ever purchased and the frequency range is phenomenal
Love these speakers. I need more power to run them.
I'm really digging these as I break them in more and more! The only thing to note about these is that they are a bit strong in the 2.5kHz-4kHz range but a decent EQ will be able to tone it down. It's also possible that this will tone down as the drivers break in. Other than that the response seems flat, smooth, and exactly what one expects from a driver like this. I paired them with the SSA Evil1 tweeter, currently crossed at 3.5kHz and the pair really do work well together.
I eventually plan to create a sealed fiberglass enclosure for these inside my door. I get a recommended sealed enclosure size of 0.33 cubic feet with a Qtc of 0.71 when I plug the T/S parameters into WinISD.
If you're looking for a good amp to push these with that won't break the bank I'd recommend the NVX JAD800.4 (sold on this site). The amp has the necessary crossover settings to create an active crossover setup required for these components and has plenty of power to boot.
Only had them in for a couple hours they sound awesome paired with my crescendo c2000.4d. Still fine tuning.
I bought eight of these to replace the six pioneer pros mid bass speakers. The pioneers are very loud but lack the detail. But I bought them to enhance the vocals. Also purchased 2 pair of the SSA tweeters. They sound great. Very well balanced, smooth and detailed. I'm very satisfied with these speakers. These are not loudspeakers that some people are use too, they're a good SQ speaker at a good price