SSA Evil6.5" Mid-bass Speaker
- Sound Solutions Audio
- Ships within 1 business day.
- 6.50 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
SSA Evil6.5 Mid-bass woofer descriptionNearly 2 years in the making, the first mid-bass speaker from SSA is here. Being this is an SSA speaker, elite performance at an affordable price was the ONLY option. Through numerous designs and prototypes, we developed a mid-bass speaker that is deserving of the SSA brand name. As seen by the long list of premium features, (copper coil, carbon fiber cone, shorting ring, Nomex spiders, Aluminum basket and former, solid pole piece, underhung motor) it shows we went the distance to make the SSA Evil6.5 a fantastic sound quality speaker that can take some power and will have strong output when called upon. The SSA Evil6.5 is at home in a well damped car door, or even a home audio tower / bookshelf. When you want top tier mid-bass performance and don't want to spend hundreds, the SSA Evil6.5 is the obvious choice.
SSA Evil6.5 Mid-bass woofer features:
- Sold Individually
- 125 watts rms
- Carbon Fiber cone for rigidity, low moving mass and smooth transient response
- Copper voice coil for warmth and power handling
- FEA optimized Underhung motor design for excellent sound quality
- Shorting ring to drastically reduce inductance
- Extended solid pole piece for increased motor strength
- Nomex spiders for long lasting performance and cone control
- Y30 High Energy Ferrite Magnet
- Large push terminals for ease of connection and larger speaker wire
- High excursion rubber surround
- Aluminum cast basket with multiple mounting holes for no frame resonance and great mounting flexibility
- Aluminum former for heat dissipation
- Phase plug
- SSA magnet boot to protect the motor
- Designed and engineered in the USA to be quite versatile for many applications, great in both car audio and home audio
SSA Evil6.5 Mid-bass woofer specs:
- 4 ohm or 8 ohm single voice coil option
- Frequency response 45hz - 4500hz
- Re: 3.3 ohm / 7.2 ohm
- Fs: 65.49hz
- Sd: .01474m2
- BL: 6.494 T
- Qms: 6.6
- Qes: 0.51
- Qts: 0.474
- SPL: 89.9 db 1W/1m
- Vas: 11.495L
- Cms: 372.51
- Mms: 15.854g
- Xmax: 6mm one-way
SSA Evil6.5 Mid-bass installation:
- 3.1" total depth
- 2.85" Mounting depth
- 5.7" cut out
- 6.5 lbs. each
- sealed box: 0.3 cubic foot - f3 = 97.7Hz - Qtc: 0.707
- ported box: 0.69 cubic foot - f3 = 51.82hz - 2" diameter / 0.9" long port
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
27 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent build for the price. Great sounding speaker for mid bass.
I didn't want cheap cookie cutter components everyone has...searched high and low and came upon these...researched the hell out of them for a few days..even spoke with owners..finally pulled the trigger...got em delivered and unboxed and magnet is beefy,great cast aluminum basket with great venting..1.5 inch voice coil..now stop and think about this...the average sub 10 or 12 has a 2-2.5 inch coil...this isn't much smaller...now let's go on to the large spider,carbon fiber cone and rubber surround...none of these features come in a driver this cheap....fuck ya...awesome driver won't ever use another brand..
Real bad mid !!
By far the best sounding 6.5 I've ever heard. And the price can't be beaten.
Seriously, these are so overbuilt for the price and quite smooth with lots of grunt down low once they break in. Highly recommended.
I replaced my sound Qubed 6.5 inch mid bass speakers , with these evil mid bass. The evils handle alot more power,and get lower, freq. wise. When subwoofers are not playing, these evil mid bass sound great with the high pass crossover set to 40HZ., and up. The sound Qubed 6.5s couldn't handle much power, when I had the high pass crossover set to 40HZ,and up. But when subwoofers are on, I suggest setting the high pass crossover to 63hz-80hz,and up, depending on your power, and how loud you crank your volume knob! These are a solid upgrade,i love them!